WHAT IS MARKETING?


WHAT IS MARKETING?

When I was doing an MBA in marketing my teacher asked me a question that what is marketing? As I was from a business background, Marketing is an art of selling something to someone, I said. My teacher replied "Wrong" at that time, I felt really bad but now I totally agree with that. That my answer was not up to the mark. In fact, my answer was kind of incomplete. Keep reading this article today we will talk all about Marketing? You must have heard about millions of definitions about marketing that Phillip Kotler’s says this, that author says that my teacher says this.
Today I’ll give you my own definition of marketing what I think about marketing I Reckon, Marketing is the positioning of offerings better than the competitor. Now, what's that? Actually, I made an article about "STP- Segmentation Targeting and positioning." If you haven't watched that article yet, go and watch it but I still tell you what's that all about? What does the positioning of offering better than the competitor actually means? Positioning means, take an example of Samsung, iPhone and Motorola all of them sell phones but whose services and phone you rate highest, You tell me, some think Samsung is better, some think IPhone and some Motorola. Motorola??  ahh nobody thinks! But the point is that, there are only two big brands Samsung and IPhone some think, IPhone is superior while others think Samsung is superior Those who think IPhone is better, for them IPhone positioning is better.
Take this in a way, that all brands are standing in a queue So the positioning is at which place they are standing. The positioning of the offerings, offerings mean Services of an individual brand what brand will give you? IPhone is giving you Phone, calling services, a particular processor or whatever like a camera and Samsung is giving you similar things but ultimately you will use the phone for calling purposes. So what's happening here? They are playing with your brain what should I choose? Samsung, IPhone or Nokia I am making this article from Nokia Lumia 1020 For me the positioning of this is better as a camera I think the camera is superior to any other because the company has a position in such a way that This camera has a 43 Megapixel Sensor Although it only offers Full HD(1080P) Recording But they have positioned that the Nokia's camera is superior to any other brand Nokia's 5 Megapixel is better than any other brands 8MP AS a matter of fact, Megapixel is all about Size and zooming capability. That how many a million pixels are there but we say that Nokia's 5mp is better than Samsung's 8mp a camera so all this myth is created by the marketers and they played with your a mind which is a part of "Positioning".
I think you must have to understand the definition of "Marketing" by now Marketing is the positioning of offerings better than the competitor. That I have to place positions of my product better than my competitor, Period! if you consider Philip Kotler's definition Segmentation, targeting and positioning of offerings better than the competitor also yield profit and a bit complex definition so the definition of marketing will change from then and now Today you are getting what I am saying but if you would ask me a marketing definition again after 5 years I might give a different answer Because the marketing environment keeps on changing continuously In the beginning, I gave the definition as art of selling something to someone. This was correct if you would have asked me in 1960-1970 When there was a selling concept and now it’s the definition of a sale, selling something to someone. and marketing has become a broad spectrum In this course, we will learn about every marketing concept okay then, the marketing concept is over.
I hope you understood it but still, if you have any questions ask me in the comment section You can ask me on Facebook too and you will get a direct reply And if you liked this information, Please don't forget to share Okay then Bye, God bless you.
Thank you for reading.

Post a Comment

0 Comments